Getaway to the rolling hills of Michigan wine country and sample some of their award-winning wines. When you arrive, unwind with a complimentary Spanish-style tapa and refreshing beverage served on your shaded, private deck overlooking Bluestem’s lush gardens and fields. For breakfast, choose your style from several local eateries. Then head off to Michigan wine country…with stops at Tabor Hill Tasting Room, Domaine Berrien Cellars for a wine and cheese snack on their open air deck, the Round Barn Winery and Free Run Cellars for a beer, wine, and/or vodka tasting. Finish the day at Tabor Hill Winery with a guided tour, tasting, and elegant dinner at their acclaimed restaurant overlooking their vineyard. Note: Tabor Hill Restaurant is only open Wednesdays through Sundays from May to November and Friday through Sundays from December through April.
- One or two nights stay in the Master Suite
- Complimentary Spanish tapa and choice of wine or beverage
- Packet of Michigan and Indiana wine information, self-guided wine tour map, water bottles, and complimentary tickets to all four tastings
- Two souvenir wine logo glasses
- Wine and cheese snack at Domaine Berrien or Round Barn ($25 value)
- Reservations for lunch/dinner at Tabor Hill Restaurant ($75 value)
**Itinerary can be adjusted to fit your schedule. Make it a weekday to enjoy this leisurely getaway without the crowds.
$349 for two nights; $229 for one night.
Discover Michiana's homegrown freshness! Go on a culinary adventure for dinner at Spire Farm to Fork, a modern, elegant restaurant celebrating locally sourced foods ($75 value). Plus take home a gift basket of La Porte favorites: Little Chocolate's truffles, Maple City Roasters fresh-roasted coffee, Garwood Orchard's fresh-pressed cider or apple butter, Backroad Brewery's micro-brew, plus a seasonal surprise ($25 value)!
And while you're here, taste the ultimate in freshness when you pick what's ripe at local farms. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, pumpkins, veggies and more. If you're here on a Saturday, tour the Backroad Brewery (1-4 pm), La Porte's farmer's market (8 am-noon) or Chesteron's European Market. Plus Michigan winery tours are only 40 minutes away.
- Two nights stay in the Master Suite
- Complimentary appetizer and beverage upon your arrival
- Gift basket of La Porte's favorites ($25 value)
- Reservations for lunch/dinner at Spire Farm to Table ($75 value), not available on Sunday, but another fine dining local favorite can be substituted.
- Guide to visiting area farms, orchards, and food venues featuring the best of Michiana
$339 for two nights; $229 for one night.
Celebrate special days with a bright bouquet of fresh flowers and complimentary wine or champagne and hors d’oeuvres in your suite. Music wafts from a Bose radio/CD player. Dinner reservations are made for you at a fine dining restaurant of your choice (e.g., Spire Farm to Fork, Tabor Hill Winery, T-Bones and Pier 11). Return for a candle-lit, scented and bubbly soak in your vintage tub. Couples in-room massage can also be arranged, if desired (estimated cost $100 for 50 minutes).
- Two nights stay in the Master Suite
- Dinner for two ($75 value)
- Fresh flowers in a lovely keepsake crystal vase
- Homemade truffles
- Complimentary wine or non-alcoholic beverage and hors d’oeuvres
$339 for two nights.
A winter lovers’ special includes a 20-minute old-fashioned sleigh ride provided by Dream Coach Carriages on their farm (snow conditions permitting). Warm up with a mulled wine, Irish coffee, or hot chocolate reception upon your arrival. Bring your skates or cross-country skis to enjoy at the surrounding parks, or your show shoes/boots for our trails in the back. Ice fishing is also a popular sport on Pine and Stone Lakes. Snow is often about 1-2 feet deep in La Porte; call ahead for weather conditions.
$40 added to regular suite rate.
28 days of Valentine treats: a box of homemade truffles from La Porte's Little Chocolates Company, complimentary with an overnight stay throughout February.
Grandparents, parents, and kids of all ages enjoy history. Learn about the Wyncoop family who built and slept under the same roof as you. Then head out to see how 19th century folks in La Porte used to live, the cars they used to drive, the trains and steam machines that carried them through the industrial age. Touch a real locomotive, climb onto a caboose, and ride miniature steam trains through the woods. Top off a museum visit with ice cream treats at our town's old-fashioned soda fountain. Stepping back in time creates wonderful opportunities to tell stories and pass on memories. In the evening, roast wieners or homemade marshmallows over an open fire on the grounds. Plus, there will still be time to head to the beaches or go shopping at Lighthouse Place Premium Outlet!
- Two nights stay for four persons
- Admission for two adults/two children to the La Porte County Historical Society Museum
- Admission for two adults/two children to Barker Mansion
- Two adult tickets for 1 ride and two children tickets for 4 train rides each at Hesston Steam Museum
- Mini-frig of cold beverages and complimentary snacks
- Weenie and/or marshmallow roast over an open fire on the Bluestem grounds
- Ice cream treats at Temple News Agency old-fashioned soda fountain ($16 value)
$325 for two adults, two children any age. Can be adjusted to accommodate various family sizes.
After shopping and saving at the 120 stores at Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets, return to the Bluestem Guesthouse for a relaxing soak in your vintage claw foot tub. A snack and the beverage of your choice are provided complimentary.
**By prior arrangement, we can provide childcare, transportation to and from the outlet center or train station. An in-room massage service is also available.
- One night accommodation
- Snack and beverage
- Special VIP Coupon Book offering hundreds of dollars in savings at your favorite outlet stores
- $25.00 mall-wide gift card
$130 double occupancy (weekdays only)
For Booking Information Contact: